When I say I am doing a vegan diet in January most people reactions are…
“Why are you doing that?” “What for?” “That’s crazy” “Don’t think you can do it””So what are you going to eat?”
It is scary definitely, and I am having dreams with cheese following me around and craving tuna every day. And no poached eggs on avocado toast?
Alright, what makes a meat-lover flexible-dieter girl to try vegan?
I am curious to see how body reacts, yes. Let’s see if helps my digestion, skin, etc .
Healthiest start of the year possible, hell yeh!
“aims to reduce the suffering of animals by inspiring and supporting people across the globe to go vegan for the month of January”
We can make a difference, doesn’t matter how big or small. It’s just ONE month for now. Who knows in the future, my body and mind might feel amazing in the end! (Yeh my boyfriend is worried ahah)
I managed to plan the whole month’s food and I am sharing that with you below. I hate cooking every day so I usually make enough food to eat for 2-3 days.
My Meal Plan for Veganuary:
Mostly vegan already so it will consist in porridges, avocado toasts, vegan pancakes, nana ice cream and smoothie bowls.
- MissFitsNutrition shakes (mangoandbliss20 for 20% discount)
- Koko dairy free yogurt with bluberries
- Aduna Moringa Bars
- Peanut butter with apple or pear
- Vegan protein bars, sweet potato brownies (deliciouslyella)
- Black bean and oat cookies (deliciouslyella).
Usually not planned. More relaxed, some take-away, vegan pizzas, vegan burguers (ordered some Linda McCartney and Quorn), chickpea “tuna”sandwich, peppers/avocado/cucumber/purple cabbage sandwich, etc.
1st-2nd January (FREE, as in nothing planned like weekends)
- Potato, cauliflower and chickpea Curry with rice
- Lentil Bolognese
- Sweet potato, carrot, ginger and sage Soup
- Mint, spinach and pea Soup
- Falafel, avocado, broccoli, black eyes beans, carrots, kale, sweet potato BOWL.
- Chilli con quinoa
- Tomato, red pepper and lentils soup
- Butternut squash, Celery and Artichoke soup
- Tofu Curry and rice
- Avocado, fresh tomato and garlic pasta
- Portuguese Kale Soup (without the chorizo)
- “Great Food” Spinach and Pines Nuts Bites with stir-fry vegetables.
- Dhaal with spinach, asparagus and Naan bread.
- Kale and Tomato pasta
- Creamy Broccoli and Lemon soup
- Miso and mushroom soup
- Vegetable Lasagna
- Sweet potato wedges, guacamole, tofu teriyaki
Any comments are welcome! Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Did I inspire you to give it a try? Any other recipe suggestions?
I can feel 2017 will be a year of challenges! Starting with this one 🙂